Starting the week with one of my absolute style crushes, today’s “take 5” is with the lovely Emma Rose Thatcher.
Emma has years of experience working in buying and as a fashion stylist, now she runs her own website www.emmarosestyle.com and Instagram @emmarosethatcher where she shares not just her effortless fashion picks but also her beautiful home (if you haven’t watched her house tour, you must) and cool quirky finds. I know after reading this I will be adding Emma’s top 5 to my virtual shopping cart straight away!
5 tips that have got you through lockdown
- Spotify- we have music on all day and it’s been great to rediscover some old favourites. I put together a playlist of my feel-good tunes & that’s been on repeat. A lot of Fleetwood Mac too.https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1EAwjaar6QFn14QkxQlCyA
- Playing cards- with 3 teenagers in the house they spend a lot of time in their rooms so we’ve had a ritual since day one of lock-down where we play cards after dinner for an hour or so. It’s been such a big part of our daily routine and I look forward to that time.
- Going for long walks- we’ve been doing at least 5k a day and it’s been keeping me sane. Sometimes as a family sometimes just me & Ben. I’ve not been great with exercise during lock-down so it’s good to move in some way. I wake up with good intention and put on my Varley workout gear so don’t feel too bad if I’ve managed a walk by the end of the day.
- Spending time in the garden- weather permitting. When the sun is out I make sure I get my work done & shut the laptop at 3/4pm to get few hours in the sun. I’ve loved the afternoons I’ve sat outside on my fold out mat reading- I really enjoyed where the Crawdads sing. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NBVPLJT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Grape & Fig Cheese Box of Joy- I was sent a box by the lovely @grapeandfig girls and it was the dream- I’ve now been having fun trying to recreate their grazing platters with the help of their IGTV tutorials. Such a nice idea for an at home date night.
5 things you just can’t live without
1 Olaplex– The best treatment for damaged hair.
2 Free People – I’ve been living in their co-ords and floaty dresses.
3 Emu Australia slippers– the comfiest, coolest slippers.
4 My fire pit– one of my favourite parts of lock-down has been sat out by the fire of an evening with a glass of rosé.
5 Lockdown Liquor– a bottle of Picante or Pepino cocktails pre mixed and sent direct to your door. All profits go to the NHS.
Go and give lovely Emma a follow on Instagram and you must check out her home tour, it is total interior goals!!!!