Who else would I pick to be my “Take 5” guest on a Friday but my favourite #dressupfriday girl Laura @thefashionbugblog
Laura is the super stylish mama to three gorgeous little girls, her Instagram is total goals and her wardrobe is to die for! If you don’t follow @thefashionbugblog where have you been?! I always love Laura’s effortless way of combining high end pieces with great highstreet finds, I can’t wait to read her “Take 5”
5 Tips that have helped you through lockdown
1. Do something for yourself each day. However big or small – an exercise class, putting your makeup on, meditating (I love the the app Calm!) etc – it can really boost your mood!
2. Make the most of the time and stay positive. I know it’s a difficult time for many with the uncertainty of the future but I am cherishing the endless time with my girls – they grow so fast.
3. Do something for someone you care about! We have been writing letters to the girls grandparents because we all miss each other terribly – it’s such a small gesture but one that has a huge impact.
4. Cooking! Haha I never thought I would say that as I was so not passionate about it before but I love coming up with new recipes and making everything from scratch.
5. Don’t be too hard on yourself! We are all trying to do so many roles at the moment – my girls are so little so I don’t need to homeschool them yet but I’m sure everyone feels pressure. So be kind to yourself.
5 Things you can’t be without
- Cosy cashmere. I am living in sweatpants of some variety most days. (Laura has recently collaborated on a cashmere collection with Lucy Nagle )
2. Flower deliveries. I’ve always loved flowers but they have become even more important now. I also get some from one of my local shops and it’s the highlight of my week.
3. Davines Hair mask. I had hair extensions for 1.5 years and at the beginning of lockdown had to take them all out as they had almost grown out. I bought this hair mask and it is AMAZING my hair has never felt healthier.
4. Music!!! We all dance together at home that always puts me in a good mood.
5. My hourglass highlighter – on tired days it gives my skin such a boost.
Laura also recently raised over £20,000 for the NHS through her Instagram account together with a host of fabulous brands, if you would still like to donate click here