Today’s “Take 5” is with one of my most effortlessly cool and stylish friends. If you don’t follow Katie aka @themumlife_styled you must! She is mum to two gorgeous little girls and is currently expecting baby number 3, I can honestly say I don’t think I have ever seen a more stylish bump! Her page is full of inspiration and her outfits are total goals, even if you don’t have a bump. Katie has managed to get through this pregnancy without hitting up the maternity department, she has some great tips on how to do this.
Katie is not only super stylish but also the kindest soul, I feel honoured to call her a good friend and have loved working along side her the past year at events with River Island and Sweaty Betty. Her Instagram posts are honest and real, definitely one to follow. Here’s Katie’s “Take 5”
5 Tips that have helped you through lockdown
- Make an effort – whether it be putting together an outfit to pop to the supermarket, or a spritz of dry shampoo and running the tongs through my hair, a little bit of effort makes me feel so much more like me and I find I’m more productive.
- Tik Tok – are you even home schooling if its not on the curriculum? The girls love teaching me routines and its a great way to break up the day and have a giggle.
- Keep Active – It can be really hard to find the motivation to get out an exercise, especially being pregnant as I’m limited in what I can do. But I love to start my day with a yoga flow, usually something on youtube by Boho Beautiful, and end the day with a power walk.
- Stay Connected – Its never been more important to check in on friends and family. I read a quote recently “we’re in the same storm but not in the same boat” and it really resonated. If you’re having a good day, somebody else might not be, and vice versa. So a spontaneous facetime, arrange a group coffee morning via zoom, or send a little note in the post. From my own experience, it can make such a difference.
- Focus on the positives – I like to write a gratitude list every day, anything from being grateful for the amazing weather we’ve been having, to having a safe and comfortable home to spend our lockdown, a delivery of fresh flowers or the supermarket having eggs! it really helps to keep my spirits up and not to dwell on the negatives and feel overwhelmed by the situation.
5 Things you couldn’t be without
- Chanel CC Cream – it’s super light so I don’t feel like I’m wearing a face, but has enough coverage to even out the pigmentation that’s appeared since becoming pregnant and has an SPF50 for afternoons in the garden
2. Sweaty Betty leggings – I’m not wearing much else at the moment
3. Soapbrows – I fell in love with brow lamination just before lockdown and I’m missing it so much! But I recently discovered this genius product that gives a similar but temporary effect.
4. Chanel Vernis in Ballerina – its so easy to apply and keeps my nails looking fresh and groomed
5. Fresh flowers have become my ultimate weekly extravagance, but they bring me so much joy they’re worth every penny. I’ve discovered some great local florists but companies like Flower Box and Bloom & Wild deliver nationwide
I hope you enjoyed todays’ “Take 5” with lovely Katie, make sure you subscribe to catch tomorrow’s guest and go and follow @themumlife_styled