Today’s “Take 5” is with Lorraine Pringle, Founder and CEO of private industry platform LOCA.
LOCA was born out of her frustration at the lack of tools to streamline connections between brands and influencers. Her vision was to create a new type of platform that worked both professionally and personally for its members, maximising opportunities for all. She appointed her friend and CEO of the British Fashion Council, Caroline Rush, as Co-Founder and has been creating the technology to bring her idea to life. Lorraine has over 20 years of experience working within the fashion industry helping brands with their PR focus, creative direction and strategy. I have joined the LOCA world, it’s such a fab business idea and something that was definitely needed within this industry!
5 tips that have helped you through lockdown
1.Stay positive! Which would not have been possible without my amazing coach Poppy Delbridge, who has helped me to keep moving forward whatever the obstacle! Everyone needs a Poppy in their life! @slayrereats@poppydelbridge
2. Keep working where you can! Being able to keep working and use my platform to help brands and businesses at this time has kept me going. I love talking with our members about their challenges and to be able to give them a platform to gain exposure to the right people, helping them increase media coverage and sales at this time! Not yet a LOCA member? Brands and influential individuals apply now at loca.world/about
3. Surround yourself with great people! (even if virtually!)I have been lucky enough to spend lockdown with my hubby and best mate Fabrice, to have an amazing Co-founder and wine buddy, Caroline Rush (CEO of the British Fashion Council) https://www.instagram.com/97crush/, to have a great team, genius tech partners East Atlantic Engineering and a dream network of members who have given their time and helped us help others at this time!
4. Stay cool! Preferably under a beautiful East London Parasol Company parasol!
5. Never run out of coffee and wine!! Thanks George at The Magnum Company for keeping the Whispering Angel flowing! And Costa Coffee for being available in bags off the supermarket shelf!!
5 things can’t live without
1.MZ Skin products by the amazing Dr Maryam Zamani. Rest & Revive Placenta & Stem Cell Night Serum.and Depuff & Define Contouring Eye Rescue help me keep my wrinkles and fine lines at bay!
2. Dilli Grey dresses and kaftans. I cannot get enough of these beautiful, ethical pieces, inspired by founder Vikkie El Rayes’ travels. So need to stock up on the new collection for this summer’s virtual garden parties & festivals!
3. Aligheri necklaces – my go to for finishing off a zoom meeting outfit!
4. Diptyque Philosykos candles and EDT – I will never grow old of this smell, it relaxes me in an instant!
5. Legology – my saviour for tired lock down legs! Air-lite and Cellu-lite are miracle products, by ex beauty editor Kate Shapland. It’s having a lymphatic massage at home, leaving you lighter and smoother.