Friday’s “Take 5” is with the super talented makeup artist and one of my closest friends Keeley Wilson. I met Keeley a few years ago through her work at Bobbi Brown and loved the way she did my make up. So much so that I would pop in and see her often and she would be my go to for every event. Now days I have her on speed dial and she has even tried to teach me how to get the perfect eyebrows over FaceTime!
I will be taking note of Keeley’s “Take 5” as I’d love to be able to recreate her flawless look
5 Tips that have got you through lockdown
- Make sure you’re drinking lots of water to keep up hydration – Consuming an adequate amount of water everyday gives you fresh, glowing skin and hydrates and replenishes the skin tissues leading to an increase in the skin’s elasticity.
- Keep up a good skincare routine – make sure you’re still cleansing your skin as normal, a lot of us are using this time as an excuse to not wear makeup but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t cleanse! Exfoliate once or twice a week and use a good moisturiser and serum at night time.
- Don’t forget about your body, I use a body brush to buff away dry skin cells and promote lymph flow (which helps banish cellulite) and follow up with a hydrating body moisturiser.
- I still like to wear makeup as I actually believe it protects my skin, but I always keep it simple with a no makeup, makeup look – concealer, brows, cream blush and mascara are my go to’s during lockdown!
- Keep it fun! Use this time to try new looks or wear lipsticks you would never usually wear because you don’t feel “confident enough” – you’ll catch yourself in mirrors around the house and trust me, you’ll love it by the end of lockdown!
5 Things you could not live without
- Dr Barbara Sturm Face Cream
2. Hourglass Vanish Airbrush Concealer
3. Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil
4. Glossier Cloud Paint
5. Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
Follow Keeley on Instagram @keeleywilsonmakeup for tips, tricks and some fab IGTV tutorials or pop in and see her on the Bobbi Brown counter in Harrods when lockdown is over!
Thanks for reading todays “Take 5” sign up to make sure you don’t miss a post!