Today we “Take 5” with Tim Little owner of one of my favourite footwear brands Grenson. I feel so honoured to now know Tim, my husband has been a huge fan of the brand for years ever since they had one shop on Liverpool Street and the love then continued as they popped up on Hanbury street a few years later. I think Neil still wears pairs he has had for 10 years just showing the quality and workmanship that goes into them. My Nanette’s were without a doubt my most worn boot of last year and look like they will take that crown again this year to!
I have really loved asking Tim the “Take 5” questions, his answers are so interesting. This weekend he has inspired me to pour myself a Sbagliato and watch Dick Cavett interviews on youtube!
5 Things that have got you through lockdown:
- I keep reminding myself that if, back in February, someone had said “how would you like to have six weeks at home, during a spell of gorgeous weather”, I would have bitten their hand off.
- I have tried to maintain a kind of normal schedule. So I try and get up at a similar time, have lunch at the usual time and work the same hours as usual. If I put the TV on during the day, I start to feel guilty and get frustrated. Although if this carries on much longer I think I’ll end up binging on Lorraine (the programme).
- I have been doing the Zoom calls like everyone else, but I realised early on that 4 people is about the max otherwise its mayhem. Quizzes are a bit tricky too so I avoid them, but a simple chat with a mate is great.
- I exercise at the beginning of the day so that it doesn’t hang over me. It’s a chore for me so I get it ticked off early.
- In the spirit of honesty, the evening drink has become a lifesaver. I have realised that the only reason that I’m not an alcoholic pre-lockdown, is that I’m often too busy or tied. If I retired, I’d be dead within a month.
5 Things you can’t do without:
- Youtube. Predictable but I love the old interviews on American TV. Search Dick Cavett and you’ll see endless fantastic interviews with the likes of Bowie, John Lennon, Michael Caine, Marlon Brando etc.
2. Spotify. Again predictable but the key is to use the “Radio” function where I find a song I love, click “go to radio” so it will create a list of similar songs, and when I find a new one that I like, I click radio again. Spotify then takes me on meandering journey of new music that I love.
3. Headphones. Nothing exciting here, its just that putting them on is the only time I’m alone during lockdown. Luckily they are “noise cancelling” ones.
4. Proper coffee. Pre-lockdown I usually just use Nespresso as its quick. But now I have more time, the whole process of making proper coffee is a joy. It’s a double whammy, lovely coffee and fun to make. I use a lovely brand called “Workshop Coffee” and they deliver the beans.
5. Back to the alcohol, I have discovered a gorgeous drink called a Negroni Spagliato. It is a Negroni except that instead of the Gin, you use Prosecco. So Campari, Vermouth and Prosecco. Sbagliato means “mistaken” and the story goes that it was originally a mistake in a bar in Milan, but it just worked.
I couldn’t not show you some of my favourite looks featuring my Grenson’s!
Make sure you add your email address to the subscribers box to make sure you don’t miss the next “Take 5” with another fab guest