Denim is an absolute wardrobe staple for every season but this Spring has seen this trusted fabric have it’s fashion moment. For the first time in over a decade denim was heavily featured on the catwalks of fashion weeks around the world from Burberry, Cavalli, Gucci, Valentino and Marc Jacobs, to name just a few.
I for one am giving a double thumbs up to being able to experiment with this verstile fabric and still be on trend. Double denim is no longer something to snigger at but to embrace and take further – layers are key! Whoever though triple denim would be the in-thing? If this prospect sounds scary (or too 90’s!) try working a pair of black skinny jeans with a simple blue denim shirt for an effortless take on this style. Also, with Spring nearly upon us (I am willing the sun to shine!!) try a denim dress and pumps or the trainer du jour “Adidas Stan Smiths”.
There are far too many pieces to hunt down on the High Street so I’ve made things slightly easier by doing the hunting for you.
The dress edit
1. Mango pocket denim dress £34.99, 2. Miss Selfridge utility shift dress £42 (My favourite!)
3. Miss Selfridge raw hem denim dress £39, 4. Oasis utility shift dress £45,
5. Warehouse jacket dress £52
The 70’s flares
1. M&S true 70’s flare £35, 2. Topshop MOTO quinn flared jeans £40,
3. Next couture flares £28, 4. Warehouse flared jeans £42, 5. Zara flared jeans £29.99
Staple Denim Shirt
1. ASOS boyfriend shirt with utility styling £25, 2. Forever21 polka dot western shirt £9.99
I love to hear all your comments no matter where you are, UK, Russia, Asia or the US!! Send me your denim photos!!
Thanks for reading!